People Management, one of the largest B2B brands in the UK, requires a managing editor for maternity cover to support the editorial team and contribute to the development of its award-winning content. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced business journalist who has worked on a busy editorial team and wants to further their career covering one of the fastest-moving and most dynamic editorial topics at present (the world of work and the HR profession).
- Contributing ideas to People Management’s magazine and website, based on your understanding of the news agenda and the pain points of the audience
- Aiding the development of the brand as it transitions to a quarterly print model, with particular responsibility for developing new shorthand-based online reports to become high-quality editorial products
- Playing a full role in the development of the magazine – writing articles where required, subbing and proofing pages, contributing to the creative discussion and the briefing of designers and writers, sampling and improving copy in detail
- Taking daily responsibility for the PM website and ensuring it is updated to a high journalistic and creative standard
- Overseeing use of PM’s social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook) and ensuring they are being used frequently and effectively to promote content, events and other items as required
- Contributing to the development of the People Management email newsletter and ensuring it is produced on time every day
- Speaking to clients at the CIPD and maintaining a dialogue with them about the PM brand as required
- Contributing to commercial events and products as required
- Supporting the editor in setting a strategic vision for the brand and in managing staff where required
- Building a network of useful contacts for the brand and a working knowledge of the macro environment affecting readers
- Liaising with readers to resolve their queries and escalating them when required
- Experience in a multi-channel B2B editorial team
- A proven track record of excellence in writing, commissioning copy, development of digital products and (ideally) magazine production
- The ability to generate ideas for a multi-platform editorial brand, and a strong view on what constitutes good business journalism across channels
- An understanding of and interest in business affairs
- Experience of writing for the web and managing digital products
- Time management skills and the ability to work well in a team
Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have more than 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, we are inherently multicultural and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognize our broader responsibility to society as a whole and use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development program
- 25 days’ holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing one day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we have therefore adopted a blended working model where full-time employees can expect to spend three days of their week in the office and the other two working at a location of their choice.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion , age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.